Friday, October 11, 2013

Been There, Done That, Loved It!

  1. Been There, Done That, Loved It! – Have you participated in one of our previous studies? If yes, which one? What did you learn or what was your favorite moment?
I was so blessed to be able to participate in the "What Happens When Women Say Yes To God" Bible Study last time around. That was my first EVER Bible Study of any kind and I was really really looking forward to it. I have felt part of my heart calling to me that I need to learn more about how to be a strong woman of God and I wasn't sure how to learn how to do that. I have wonderful friends who I've watched and listened to who are very confident in their relationship with God. But, I'm pretty new to recognizing that a relationship with God is more than just knowing He exists, going to church, and doing "Christian" things. 

I think my favorite moment was the first time I had an "ahha" moment. I really enjoyed reading the book and talking with a few friends about it who were also doing the study. But, I remember one part of the book talking about how hard it is to hear God. I had read the chapter the night before and was just thinking about it on the drive to work and listening to Air1 radio. And suddenly the station got all scratchy and it wouldn't come in and other radio stations were blending in. And I realized that is what it is like to hear God. You have to listen, listen hard, and pay attention to hear what He is trying to say through all the static and outside noises. The life of a single Mom doesn't present many times in the day where there is zero static so I learned I just have to listen harder and I can hear Him tell me what to say YES to.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, word. Love that analogy of the scratchy radio signal! I've had those days where I had no quiet time, no chance to hear Him unless I made myself listen, and those days when I didn't even make the effort. Thank you for sharing!
    Lauren, P31 OBS Blog Hop Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the analogy. It so perfectly describes how difficult it is to hear God with all the clutter in our heads. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete